Dear business partner,
Regarding the world situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Astek’s position and preparation is as follows:
- We are attentive and complying with the instructions of the Government and Ministry of Health of Costa Rica.
- Astek abides by the “General Guidelines for owners and administrators of Work centers for Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)” issued by the Ministry of Health, where:
- In addition to complying with the training schedule that the company has, there have been additional workshops, activities and training, for example:
- On Friday, March 6, 2020, two days before the first case of Coronavirus was detected in Costa Rica, all personnel were trained on the symptoms and proper protocols to follow for hygiene in coughing and sneezing, the procedure for hand washing.
- A workshop was held on indications for home isolation, as well as conducts and behaviors of staff in the workplace, anticipating a case that may arise among employees or their families
- An information campaign was implemented indefinitely in coordination with the Human Resources Department.
- Important infographics were given on the protocols to be followed by employees to take home.
- Door and drawer handles and doorknobs, instruments, equipment, dining room tables, lockers, and more are disinfected at least three times a day, in addition to the regular cleaning routine.
- Face-to-face meetings, as well as visits to our facilities, have been canceled until further notice (they are invited to be held online).
- The face-to-face visits to our clients by the sales team has been reduced to reduce the risk of contagion.
- A dispenser bottle of 70% alcohol solution has been placed at each workstation, as well as in each delivery vehicle.
- The staff was given a cleaning and disinfection kit to take home.
- Additional 70% alcohol dispensers have been placed in the main entrance of the company, in reception, dining room, in office areas, in a medical office, among others.
- It has been defined that, if a collaborator presents the symptoms, or has been in contact with suspicious cases, they should not report to work or leave the premises immediately and go to the nearest medical center to be reviewed and diagnosed.
- It has been established that the security guard is the first Coronavirus prevention filter, (from the outside-in), guiding employees to disinfect their hands before entering the facilities. Additionally, the guard consults if he has had contact with confirmed or suspected cases, presents symptoms or is a carrier of the virus. If positive, access to the facilities will not be allowed and Human Resources will be notified immediately.
- The registration of the mark on entry and exit has been eliminated, to reduce contact on the marker clock, since it was done with the index finger.
- Lunch and coffee hours have been rearranged to occupy only 50% of the dining room capacity.
- All trips abroad have been suspended.
- Teleworking has been implemented in those positions that are possible.
- The report of the nearest Governing Health Area is being reviewed with the company doctor regularly, as long as the health alert is maintained.
In the case of the supply of raw materials, in order to be able to continue serving our clients, cautiously, in Astek we have taken measures, increasing inventories, anticipating a possible shortage due to the world situation, despite the fact that although the World Organization of Health ruled and clarified that the coronavirus is only spread between living beings, since it needs to stay in a living body to survive, and that the virus is not transmitted by packages (since it does not survive long in objects such as letters or packages).
In Astek we care about the health of our staff and our business partners, we closely follow the events presented in Costa Rica about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we keep abreast of the information provided by the government to implement new plans for action if necessary.
Dr. Jorge Elías Quirós G.