At ASTEK the focus is 100% Quality. We are committed to the manufacture and distribution of safe products for the food sector, so that our customers have the confidence to use our products with the assurance of not introducing any risk in their production. In the same way, we have focused on the elaboration of fragrances of great purity and compatibility for the diversity of industrial applications.
This 2020 Astek renews the certifications of its quality processes, consolidating its commitment to Triple Utility: environmental, economic and social.
For this reason, at ASTEK, with the firm conviction of providing our customers with excellent quality products and services and relying on our valuable Human Resources, we have developed and certified the Certified Integrated Management System, which uses the following management models as pillars:
- Food Safety System Certification FSSC 22000
This internationally accepted certification is one of the various food safety systems that manages and guarantees the safety and quality of food within the supply chain, thus allowing us to meet the requirements of subsequent customers in the chain in the middle of the growing food demand.
FSSC’s objectives consist of:
- Harmonize the certification requirements and methods of international food safety systems with a focus on the supply chain in food manufacturing and packaging.
- Laying the foundation for auditing and certification of the food safety system of organizations in the food chain or manufacturing.
- Guarantee the issuance of recognized and trusted certificates that are comparable in content and scope internationally and in different types of organization.
- ISO 45001: 2018
Address the risks that lead to accidents. It is the new ISO standard for occupational health and safety that replaces 18001 OHSAS. Rather than just trying to keep hazards under control, this more proactive, preventative initiative gives you the framework to:
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment
- Minimize injuries and illnesses related to the workplace
- Comply with the regulatory and legal requirements of OH&S
- ISO 9001: 2015
This standard updates changes in technology, labor and worldwide.
The new and updated version of this standard allows it to be easier to use in conjunction with other management system standards. It also places more emphasis on risk than performance and is less prescriptive. This objective is achieved through the combination of risk-based thinking and a process approach, as well as the use of the “plan-do-check-act” cycle at all levels of the organization.
- Carbon Neutral
It is one of the world’s aspirations in environmental protection and a measure to combat climate change.
Carbon neutrality is the equivalent of a net result of zero emissions. There are several actions that emission agents can take to achieve this balance, being achieved largely thanks to the gradual elimination of the use of fossil fuels (oil, coal, natural gas, etc.), the main causes of global warming.
Reduction and compensation measures:
- Reduction of energy consumption and activities that produce emissions
- Improved energy efficiency of processes
- Low carbon technological innovation
- Consumption of renewable electricity (wind, photovoltaic, hydroelectric, thermosolar, etc.)
Once again at ASTEK we are committed to sustainable and low-carbon development, and as an example, we urge the entire Costa Rican business sector to join these types of initiatives, in pursuit of sustainable development, where environmental social responsibility is present in every process and activity.
This year, we managed to maintain the Carbon Neutral Plus country brand, the highest award in Costa Rica, recognized by the Climate Change Directorate, of the Ministry of Environment and Energy (Minae), within the Carbon Neutral Country Program 2.0, which endorses good practices according to the National Decarbonization Plan.